McAllen View...

Friday, June 5, 2009

South Padre Island

Howdy! My name is Jeramie Heflin and I am the new intern here at the McAllen Chamber of Commerce. I am a senior at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX…A WHOOP, and I am majoring in business management. Upon graduation in the spring of 2010, I plan on going to graduate school to obtain a master’s degree in human resource management. I enjoy photography, travelling and experiencing other cultures, mountain biking, volleyball, swimming, and being with family and friends. In fact, it is so wonderful that I will be home in McAllen this summer with my family; we have so much fun together. One of the great things about living in the Valley is how close we are to South Padre Island (it is only about an hour and a half drive). Everyone in my family, especially my dad, loves to fish. Last weekend I got the opportunity to go fishing with my parents in the Laguna Madre Bay, and here is a picture of me with the Redfish I caught:
Needless to say, it was a big fish, and took some work to reel it in to the boat. This weekend I will also be returning to South Padre Island to spend some time with out of town family members and I am sooooooooo excited. I don't know if I will catch another "Big Red," but I do know that it will be a great weekend. I love South Padre Island!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment