McAllen View...

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Last week end I took my son and his family (which includes two of the greatest grandchildren in the world) to Rancho El Charco which is located in La Joya just a few miles west of McAllen. Rancho El Charco is a "magical place" located on 180 acres next to Walker lake. There is a great restaurant right over the water, an adjacent outdoor stage area featuring frequent live entertainment, and for the kids a wagon ride through the property where they can see deer, exotic animals from Africa, a long horn steer, and other wildlife. The property also features its own naturalist who conducts walking and "golf cart" nature tours. We saw a really cool desert tortoise that we get to pick up and pet, a bunch of javelinas, bunnies, and peacocks and other wild life as well. We would love to tell you more about this great place that I have visited several times and I'm already looking forward to my next adventure there. For more information about Rancho El Charco, call me at the Chamber at 956-682-2871.

No comments:

Post a Comment