McAllen View...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My new adventure with the Wonderful McAllen Chamber of Commerce CVB




Where can I start, well my first week of adventures with the McAllen Chamber Chamber CVB has been quite amazing. I have met many amazing hard working people that have been oh so nice and passionate for what they do here in the Chamber. It has been fast paced and loving it, met with the President of the Performing Arts Foundation, Victor Chow, and renowned pianist and VP of RGV Foundation, Dr.Francisco Rocafuerte; I have already conducted a Press Conference for the Rio Grande Foundation for the Performing Arts. MCN12 arrived and covered the press conference so a Big thank you to them! Mind you this was on my second day on the PR job. :) Set up a Media Advisory for media outlets to attend, and I'm sure at the next one all will strive to come and support our performing arts. Currently have met with Greg Schuller, Director of Cultural Arts who can be found at the McAllen Chamber's Creative Incubator; a sanctuary place where imagination runs wild for those who come join in the eclectic classes it offers and festivities. Speaking of grand festivities, I will also be helping with our annual "Candlelight Posada," for the Christmas Holiday extravaganza!!! I know it will be magical with the spirit of love and happiness for our community. =) But we musn't forget to mention the anticipation of our "Green Living Festival" that the wonderful people of the Chamber have been diligently working on held this Friday and Saturday at the McAllen Convention Center! I'm excited to see, stay green Valley!!! Until then RGV, peace, love and let the festivities and arts live on!




Melisa-



No comments:

Post a Comment