McAllen View...

Monday, October 5, 2009

Palmfest

Spent a couple of hours at PalmFest Sunday afternoon. This was the first time I had attended since they moved it out to the convention center. There were a lot of interesting exhibits, both inside and out. I was a bit disappointed with the inside stage though, everybody was crowded around and people like me, standing in the back really couldn't see all that well. I did get to see the South Texas Indian dancers perform on one of the outdoor stages. It was entertaining as well as informative because they related the history of the dances and the costumes along with the dance. There were additional displays and plenty of food booths around the reflecting pool there at the convention center. After checking everything out, I decided it was time to try one of the food booths and down at the end of one line of booths, I found "Doggies" a hot dog stand that served a very interesting hotdog. It is what they list on their menu as the Premium Hot Dog. The weiner is bacon wrapped and then it is topped with diced tomato, avocado and mayo. Can anyone say Yummo! I picked up a copy of their menu and they have some pretty good selections at what I think are reasonable prices. The restaurant is located at 104 Bicentennial and I think the next time I'm in the vacinity I might just drop in and sample some other doggie. The south Texas heat and humidity eventually got to me and I headed home to enjoy my AC, but only after I had enjoyed myself at PalmFest.

No comments:

Post a Comment