McAllen View...

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My time with the Chamber and CVB has almost come to an end. My last day will be this Thursday, and I can honestly say I will miss this place. I have completed almost 400 hours during the time of my internship, and it all went by so quickly.

I have had the opportunity to work with great people during this time too, and I will forever be thankfully to them for the opportunity to work here. Aside from the people at work, I have also been able to meet people at all the mixers and events that the Chamber puts together. This has been great because it has given me an opportunity to come out of my shell and socialize more. I have made lots of new contacts such as Hidalgo County Judge, JD Salinas, who is also a fellow Aggie.

I got to be a part of a great event: the Green Living Festival. It's so good that McAllen is trying to be more 'green' and eco-friendly. It's also good that people learn the importance of taking care of our resources. While helping put together this event, I learned to work with others and how to organize it as a whole. I had to call lots of people and convince them to be a part of this. It was a lot of hard work, but in the end, it definitely paid off.

Working here has also made me rethink what I want to do with my future. Before, I was so sure I would be working at a hotel or resort. However, I have gotten to experience something different while being here. I am not sure what I will end up doing, but I am thankful that I got this chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment